I think Tuscany is one of the best destinations in Italy to get married. Here you find the perfect set for you wedding pictures, a great place to celebrate your prefect day with your family and friends, great food and wine. In addition Tuscany is also the perfect place for your honeymoon!
The best thing to do when you decide to get married in Tuscany is to have a local based wedding planner who can help you get everything arranged, such as the wedding photographer, catering, accommodation, as well as save some money. But if you decide to get married here I think you should know some traditional customs we have in Tuscany when you get married to bring you luck.
For the wedding the bride should wear:
- 1 new thing – a new thing symbolizes her new life and it can be the dress or the underwear
- 1 old thing – the old thing symbolizes her past life that she doesn’t have to forget. The old thing can be a jewel, something for the hair
- 1 borrowedthing – the borrowed thing symbolizes the love of people who are to her side in this new adventure. It should be borrowed from a beloved person
- 1 thing given as a gift – it symbolizes the love from your family and friends
- 1 blue thing – it symbolizes the truth of her intentions to get married. generally we use a blue garter
In addition we have some other “rules” that should be followed for a great lasting wedding. For example the groom should not see the bride on the wedding day before the ceremony, he should not see the bride’s gown, and he should not go back on his steps even if he forgot something important home. So are you ready for you wedding in Tuscany?
Thanks to Duccio for these great pictures of weddings in Tuscany!