Are you ready t go back to the Middles Ages? Starts today the famous and beautiful Fiera delle Messi!
What’s hot in 2014
- Ancient Markets – in Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza della Cisterna from Saturday to Sunday you can buy original arts and crafts in two real medieval markets
- Falconry shows – several appointments in Piazza Duomo over the entire weekend where you can admire the fascinating birds of prey such as hawks
- Nocturna: fires in the night – striking natural fires will light up the dark night in Piazza Duomo at 10.30pm on Saturday night
- the Holy ceremony – the costume figures with knights and ladies will meet the religious figures in front of the Cathedral at 12pm on Sunday
- the Messi parade – the large and colorful parade dressed with beautiful and detailed dresses crossing the city before to reach the old Fortress (Sunday at 5pm)
It’s going to be an intense and long weekend of events, and I’m sorry I won’t be there. I recommend you have a look at the full program here. And here you have my suggestions on what to see in San Gimignano.
Photos by Daniele Tangari e Roberto Campigli.